Capture professional-looking video for your clients by following our step-by-step guide.
Learn from Matt Williams (Mr MPW) through this E-Learning course, how to professionally conduct safe drone flight operations and how to capture stunning footage with your drone.
We'll teach you professional aerial cinematography shots and movements used by film crews throughout the film and television industry to capture the most cinematic and stunning aerial shots.
We'll teach you how to set up your drone safely and correctly and make sure that you understand the camera settings that will enable you to shoot better video footage with your done. You'll have a much better understanding of the theory behind shooting film as we take you through shutter speed, aperture, iso, white balance and colour profiles.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who have little to no experience flying a drone. It's designed for people who want to take their skills to the next level and start to produce video content with their drone that looks like it was shot professionally. It's about getting out of automatic and shooting as professionals do, manually controlling all settings to get the look you want, not what the camera thinks you want.
How long is the course?
There is over 2 hours of video content as well as quizzes and reading material, and we'll be adding extra materials into the course over time. The course is broken down into short videos so you can do the course in your own time and at your leisure. You can do the course on desktop, mobile and tablet as long as you have an internet connection.
Topics covered in this course are:
- Drone Safety
- If you already didn't know what you can and can't do with a drone you will by the end of this first module. We'll take a look at the CAA regulations in the UK and how, as a professional operator, we avoid collisions with other vessels & structures.
- Choosing the Right Drone
- In this module we'll take you through the different types of drones you may find on the market. We'll take you through the pros and cons of a variety of drones and their applications.
- Setting Up Your Drone
- We'll take you through how to correctly set up your aircraft for its first flight. You'll also be taken through spare parts and maintenance.
- Your First Flight
- If you've never flown before, this module will show you everything from choosing an ideal take-off point & checking airspace. We'll go through the control stick layout of a typical drone controller and we'll then get you off the ground for the first time.
- Drone Mastery
- This is where we'll show you how to fly correctly and safely. You'll be shown and guided through a series of manoeuvres that will refine your skills and allow you to correctly orientate the aircraft when in the sky.
- Getting Out of Auto
- Now that you've mastered how to safely fly your drone, we'll now take you through how to make the most out of the camera settings. This is all about getting out of automatic and start shooting film like a professional. You'll learn all about what affects exposure, why white balance is so important and what key settings you should be using to make sure you deliver technically sound footage.
- Shoot Like a Pro
- Now that you can fly safely and you understand how to shoot footage correctly for your clients, we now pull all of this together and show you a number of shots you can achieve with your Drone. These are the types of shots we shoot on film sets, and what you may get asked to capture by your own clients. By the end of this, you will truly be shooting like a pro.
We use the DJI Mavic 2 Pro as our drone of choice for this course to show you how to capture amazing footage with this great little aircraft, although the skills you'll learn aren't limited to this aircraft!
Please note: This is an E-Learning course. You will be enrolled in the E-Learning course ASAP. If you don't currently have access to the ICARUS LMS you will receive an email with instructions on how to correctly set-up your account.